Monday, November 14, 2016

And the list keeps growing...

If someone ever invents a time machine my first order of business will be to go find high school me and say, "look, I know it sucks right now, but trust me, IT GETS BETTER." If I had known then that all the popular bitches were just sluts who would peak in high school and that one day I'd be smart and funny and reasonably attractive with men falling at my feet, I'd have fared a lot better. Not to sound conceited, but when you've been put down for 2 decades it takes a lot to look yourself in the mirror and feel worth it and damn it, I am!

So with this weekend coming to a close I not only have my list of 15 men (who let's face it, I'm probably never going to call, but also a few new matches on Tinder and even some real flesh and blood men vying for my attention. This weekend I met 2 men at ComicCon who were interested in me, we'll call them Line Guy and Comic Book Guy.

Let's start with Comic Book Guy. He's a sweet comic book nerd with a Clark Kent vibe that makes him cute. He's well spoken and funny and we had some laughs. I ended up back at his booth a few times and the flirting continued. I made a joke about "Will date for comics just so you know." So I made sure before I left to give him my card and tell him to get in touch if he ever wanted to. Guess who already got an email with the subject line "Will date for comics?" We're going out to dinner next Saturday night.

And now let's get to Line Guy... oh this poor fool. He's in love with me and he only met me for 5 minutes. When I say he's in love with me I don't mean this lightly. I met him on Saturday while getting in line to have Stan Lee sign my comic (see Line Guy makes sense now) and we started talking. He's really sweet and he works for one of the companies that authenticates comics, I won't say which one. During the course of our very brief conversation I mentioned the satisfaction I was going to have once Stan signed my comic and I could show to my ex who idolizes Stan and how much of an ass he'd feel like. See he didn't want to go to CC with me and said he didn't have fun in the past for various stupid reasons. Now here I was, about to meet his idol and get his autograph and I'm sorry, but it felt good to be mean. So by now I can see Line Guy's eyes lighting up. He tells me what an idiot my ex is for giving me up. He would kill for a girl who likes comics, especially a gorgeous woman like me. (All this flattery is going to give me a big head any day now.) I decide, what the hell, he's kinda cute and he seems nice, and gave him my number. He tells me to make sure I don't leave without saying goodbye.

He proceeded to text me most of Saturday and then most of Sunday. I apologized for not really getting to see him and not having a chance to grab a drink since it was so crazy busy. He basically went on to joke about proposing to me and wanting me to come see him in New York. How he'd treat me like a princess, not like my dumb ex. He'll take me anywhere I want to go and do anything I want to do. I tell him he only met me for 5 minutes and I could be a total crazy person. He goes on to say that he's a good judge of character and maybe he likes crazy girls. He asks me about my life and what I like and we talked for a while. Our conversation was frequently punctuated by lines like: "Your smile lights things up and lifts people's attitudes." "You're amazing" "I can't stop thinking about you." "Your eyes are gorgeous." "You have one amazing body. You've got it all girl." "You're the perfect girl." "You need a guy who wants you to be his princess." "You need someone who wants you to be their Gwen, someone like me." (As in Gwen Stacy, if you don't know, Google her.) "I have a lot of love to give." and let's not forget quite a few mentions of proposing to me.

Since my phone number is linked to my snapchat, he's also been sending me tons of snaps including many videos of the song You're Beautiful... I might be wrong, but I think the boy is in love.

On top of all this I've had some new matches on Tinder and swapped numbers with a few guys and made some plans. Oh... and I got super liked by someone I know. I danced around it for a while not sure what to do. Years ago I had a crush on him and we've been friends for a long time. It's been a while since I had seen him and I bounced between "What the hell, what's the worst that can happen?" and "Oh my god someone you know has found you on Tinder! ABORT! ABORT!" Finally I decided to swipe him right and so far, so good. We're going to call him The Old Friend from now on.

I also scheduled dates with The Cowboy (we're going line dancing and half his photos are of him in cowboy hats) and The Italian (we've been texting non stop and I really like him. We're going to dinner in Newport.) There's also my upcoming date with Comic Book Guy... not too shabby if I say so myself.

We'll see what the rest of the week brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment