Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Underage nerds need not apply

Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with a younger man... if you're into that. I'm over it. In my opinion you have to subtract at least 3 years from a guy's age to get his maturity level and I'm looking for a man not a boy. Here's my predicament: I'm back in university. I've made my peace with the fact that everyone's life is on their own time table and all that jazz, but the men here are, well,  boys. Every decent looking guy I've met on campus is at most 22 and anyone I've met who's older is WAYYY older.

Imagine my disappointment when a nice, decent looking, intellectual guy on campus and I exchange numbers and I later find out he's 20. TWENTY. 2-0. He wouldn't even be able to take me out to certain places. So thanks, but no thanks. I don't want to be someone's cougar. And yes I'm fully aware that while I'm nearing 30 I'm not anywhere near Cougarville, I'd much prefer someone my age or a few years older. An older guy doesn't have time for bullshit and usually has his life figured out. I want to be someone's partner, not their mother. While I'm all for taking care of one another, I cannot and will not be the one doing all the work.

So sorry boys, but I'm looking for a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment